Monday, November 18, 2013

Full Circle


A few years ago, a writer friend was telling me about the new book she had coming out, and it sounded wonderful. When I asked her when it would be in bookstores, she told me it was an eBook and mentioned the website where I could purchase it.

My reply?

“I don’t do eBooks. There’s just something about holding a book in my hand, turning the pages, smelling that new book scent.”

And I asked her to let me know if it was ever in print.

A little over a year later, I sold my first book, Bound by Trust, to an eBook publisher.

And I went out and bought an e-reader. At the time, I wasn’t exactly tech savvy, but I read the manual and learned how to buy eBooks. I can’t tell you how many times I reached up to turn the page on the book I was reading and realized I was using an electronic device. Scary how technology creeps up on you and invades your life while you’re not looking.

I go back and forth with books and eBooks and I still have a huge collection of both.

Just the other day, I was re-reading one of JR Ward’s Blackdagger Brotherhood books. It’s an awesome series, and I was thoroughly caught up in the story. I slid my hand down the right side of the page and touched the corner to turn the page.

Nothing happened.

Tried again...still nothing.

I was about to cuss my ereader when I realized I was holding a paperback.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment